10/20/09

Communication


Communication
the imparting or interchange of thoughts, opinions, or information by speech, writing, or signs.
  • to or too = 2
  • for = 4
  • you = u
  • your/you're = ur
  • are = r
  • be = b
  • be right back = brb
  • talk to you later = ttyl
  • nothing much = nm
  • just chillin = jc
  • never mind = nvm
  • right = ryt/ rite/ ri
  • probably = prbly/ prob
  • ta ta for now = ttfn
  • back to homework = bthw
  • what = wat/ wut/ ?
  • just wondering= jw
  • just kidding = jk
  • what the fuck = wtf
  • oh my god = OMG
  • laughing out loud = lol
  • great = gr8
  • love = lv

I grew up on a commune in the Southwest. My phone line was shared by three other homes, none of them being my best friend's. Shana lived a mile up the mountain from me. She lived with her parents and brothers in a one room adobe home without electricity, running water, personal space, or a phone. If I wanted to see what she was up to I would hike a mile and see.
And to this day, there is no cell phone service.